(Japanese Bonus Track)
(2020) On February 26, 2020, Celine Dion released her first two ‘Spotify Singles’ including a new take on her own “Imperfections” and a cover of Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game”. Thes songs were recorded at the Electric Lady Studios, NYC.
The Spotify team sat down with Céline to get an inside look at her Spotify Singles:
- When you were approached to record the Spotify Singles, how did you select the cover of “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak featuring Chris on backing vocals?
- I chose “Wicked Game” […] because it’s one of my favorite songs of all time for many, many, many reasons. But also I love the black and white music video for the song, of Chris Isaak and Helena Christensen on the beach. It makes me think the whole world wants to be them.
- What should your fans be looking for in your cover that’s different than the original “Wicked Game?”
- Sometimes you take a song that’s not yours and you make it your own. But sometimes you decide not to. I’ve loved this song so much for so long that I decided to not change it much, I wanted to just respect the original version, which I still think is perfection.
- What are you hoping that Chris Isaak’s reaction is going to be like? What about your fans’?
- I hope he’s going to like it. And I hope my fans are going to like it. Obviously I sing for myself because I love it, but at the end of the day, I sing for my fans.